x265 version 2.1 has been released. This release contains experimental
support for slice-parallelism, enhancements to the API to support
user-defined SEI messages, and other bug fixes.
Full documentation is available at http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/stable/
Release Notes for 2.1
1. Support for qg-size of 8
2. Experimental support for slice-parallelism.
1. Encode user-define SEI messages passed in through x265_picture object.
2. Disable SEI and VUI messages from the bitstream
3. Specify qpmin and qpmax
4. Control number of bits to encode POC.
1. QP fluctuation fix for first B-frame in mini-GOP for 2-pass encoding
2. Assembly fix for crashes in 32-bit from dct_sse4.
3. Threadpool creation fix in windows platform.