x265 0.9 is a regularly scheduled bug fix release. Many bugs have been fixed since the 0.8 tag, primarily in rate control and 10bit encodes. A race hazard on POSIX systems was fixed, and several non-determinism problems were resolved.
= API Changes =
* the stride of x265_picture is now in units of bytes, not pixels
* VUI configurables were moved into a param.vui sub-struct
* unimplemented VUI options removed
* bRepeatHeaders option added (inserts VPS+SPS+PPS each keyframe)
* fast-decode tune option added
* x265_encoder_headers() returns NAL byte count on success
= Command Line Interface Changes =
* —dither option to improve quality of pixel downshifts
* —cpuid replaced with x264 compatible —asm option
* —crf-max added
* improved —help documentation, plus new online documentation
* **experimental** —interlaceMode <prog|tff|bff> * **experimental** —weightb
= New Features =
* experimental support for interlaced content (field coding)
* experimental weightb support
Для этого релиза доступна он-лайн документация: http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/0.9/ See the online manual for full documentation of CLI (and API) options.
Our focus for the near future remains on visual quality and rate control improvements.